Standard recommendations to prevent nCoV are -hand and respiratory hygiene, and safe food practices:
- Clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water – Strictly follow hand wash rules. Carry a bottle of hand sanitizer in your bag.
- Wash your hands before taking care of sick person, before eating, after toilet use, before and after you prepare food.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing. Use a tissue paper to cover nose and mouth. Dispose the tissue in proper container and wash hands immediately. Do not touch objects and humans with unwashed hands.
- Seek medical care if you have high fever, cough and breathing problems. Be clear about your symptoms and share your travel history and give clear view of your activities from past two weeks.
- Avoid contact with live animals and surfaces when you are visiting markets that are experiencing novel coronavirus exposure.
- Avoid consumption of under cooked and raw animal products. Handle raw meat, milk and any animal organs with most care. Avoid cross contamination of cooked and uncooked foods.
- Wear protective gowns, gloves and masks while handling animals and animal products.
- Avoid contact with stray animals, waste and fluids in the market.
- If you feel sick, separate yourself from rest of the family and friends.
- Get latest updated information about the nCoV on Government health care websites and news.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: February 3, 2020