Cancer in children can be difficult to recognize right away when the symptoms start. Reason for this is, many symptoms are often appeared as regular and common illness and injuries. It is common for a child to bump into something or hurt himself while playing. Or while playing may get infected with flu virus or could catch cold. Such injuries and infections could mask early symptoms of cancer child. If the symptoms do not go away even after treatment or if parent suspect something unusual, it is better to take actions.
Some of the unusual symptoms and signs that persist for longer than usual in children who might have cancer are:
· Sudden weight loss
· Often falling sick and weak, no energy
· An unusual lump or swelling
· Unexplained paleness and loss of energy
· Easy bruising or bleeding
· An ongoing pain in one area of the body
· Unexplained fever or illness that doesn’t go away
· Often vomiting, nausea and frequent headaches
· Sudden eye or vision changes
· Sudden unexplained weight loss
Parents might notice other symptoms that are specific to cancer types. Doctor might order tests that will help to diagnose the causes of the symptoms.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: September 13, 2022