Practicing proper dental care is important in many ways you might not have thought of before. Why it is so important and why we should not neglect the dental and oral hygiene? See next few slides.
Brushing: Keeping teeth clean means – keeping good health. Oral hygiene is critical for better health. We all know we have to use brush to clean our teeth. But have you thought about which type of brush you need to use ? See some tips below:
1. A hard-bristled toothbrush coupled with an aggressive brushing technique can cause irreversible damage to your gums. Use a soft toothbrush and gently brush your teeth at a 45-degree angle, in a circular motion. Toothbrushes should be changed every three to four months.
2. How to brush?
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against the gums.
- Move the brush back and forth gently in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Brush the outer tooth surfaces, the inner tooth surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- Use the tip of the brush to clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, using a gentle up-and-down stroke.
3. How many times? Try brushing minimum twice a day to prevent building up of acid and plaque. Rines your mouth after you brush using mouth wash and water.
4. Washing mouth: After you eat rinse your mouth properly. Because, you don’t want food particles to remain in mouth and breakdown causing bacterial infections.
See more here:
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: October 28, 2016