To save yourself from oral cancer and periodontal complications avoid tobacco usage. if you smoke a tobacco you may use candies, tea or coffee to mask the smoky breath and odor. This doubles the amount of damage caused.
Do you know…
- 50 % of smoking adults have gum (periodontal) disease.
- Smokers are about twice as likely to lose their teeth as non-smokers.
- Cigarette smokers are nearly twice as likely to need root canal treatment.
- Smoking leads to reduced effectiveness of treatment for gum disease.
- Smoking increases risk of mouth pain, cavities and gum recession means, it can result in tooth loss.
- Tobacco reduces the body’s ability to fight infection, including in the mouth and gums.
- Smokeless tobacco is associated with cancers of the cheek, gums and lining of the lips. Users of smokeless tobacco are 50 times more likely to develop these cancers than non-users.
- And, don’t forget about your teeth color and bad breath!!
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: October 28, 2016