- Get a bone density test if you have broken a bone or have a risk for breaking a bone.
- Eat 2-3 servings of foods that are rich in calcium.
- Consider a vitamin D supplement.
- Pay attention to body mechanics to protect your bones from breaking.
- Get at least 30 minutes of physical activity that involves weight, like running, tennis, or weight training.
- Modify exercise programs like yoga and Pilates to avoid loaded flexion and twisting movements.
- Improve your balance and posture in all daily activities.
- Stop multitasking when you walk.
- Do not smoke or vape.
- Moderate your alcohol use.
- Talk with your doctor if you develop any medical condition, to see how it might affect your bone health.
- Ask your doctor if you take a medication about how it might affect your bone health.
Image credit; https://pixabay.com/users/ryanmcguire-123690/ (CC by 0)
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: April 22, 2022