Lower back pain and sciatica pain relief points: Lower back pain and sciatica pain does not go away easily. Pain killers will suppress the pain for some time. Physiotherapy, acupressure and yoga poses can help to get rid of these two pains. There are different pressure points to release lower back pain.
- Stomach acupressure point: CV6 point located 2 fingers below the belly button. Apply firm pressure with your index or middle finger.
- Lower back acupressure points: Located on both sides on the lower back, from the spine at waist level, on each side of the spinal cord. Place your hands on waist and move thumbs towards the spine to locate the points, apply firm pressure for 12 seconds and release.
- Hip bone acupressure points: (B48 & GB30): B48 is located on both sides on the hip bone, at the bottom of your spine and GB 30 midway between the top of the hipbone and the base of buttocks. Apply gentle, firm pressure using both thumbs on both points for few seconds.
- Knee acupressure points: B54 points are located at the center of the backspace of the knee and B53 slightly towards the outside of the knee. To massage and apply pressure either you can sit or stand. Using index or middle fingers locate the points press and hold firmly.
- Hand acupressure points: To use these points best position is to be lying down on a mat. Point is located at the joint of the thumb and index finger. With your other hand squeeze the point between the thumb and index finger apply firm pressure on this point for a few seconds and then release. Repeat it on the other hand.
- Foot acupressure points: Point is located between big toe and second toe (Liv3). Apply pressure using thumb or index finger. Hold it firmly for 10-15 seconds and release. Repeat on the other foot.
After applying the pressure, one can perform yoga poses and exercises that are helpful to release sciatica and back pain.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: July 19, 2021