Arbi is the common leafy and root vegetable plant available throughout the year in many parts of tropical countries. It is very popular in India and Malaysia. Roots, stems and leaves of this plant are highly nutritious and fibrous. Plant is rich in good fiber, iron, magnesium, calcium, zinc and vitamin K. Roots of these plants are known as taro roots that are rich in carbohydrates. Arbi roots can be used like potato to prepare cutlets. This is filling and keeps stomach filled for longtime.
- 10-12- arbi or colocasia roots
- 1 tsp- red chilli powder
- 1 tsp -roasted cumin powder
- ½ tsp- dry mango powder (optional)
- 1 or 2 -tsp chaat masala
- ½ or 1 tsp- lemon juice
- rock salt
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash and rinse the arbi well to get rid of the soil and mud.
- Boil the arbi in a pressure cooker with some salt & water till they are completely cooked.
- When warm or cool, peel the arbi.
- Now take each piece and flatten it in between your palms. Heat a tava or frying pan. Drizzle some oil on the pan.
- Pan-fry the arbi till golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- In a small bowl, take all the dry spice powders and mix them.
- Now toss the pan fried crisp arbi in the dry spice powders mixture.
- Add some lemon juice from top.
- Garnish arbi cutlet with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve arbi cutlet hot or warm with coriander chutney or sweet chutney
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: September 30, 2016