Other common fruits and vegetables that can be poisonous are:
- Lychee: Unripened fruits contain a type of amino acid in seeds and can cause illness by affecting blood sugar level.
- Starfruit: Contains neurotoxins that can harm kidneys and cause total kidney failure for those with kidney disease.
- Yucca: If not processed properly cyanide in the root can cause sickness.
- Sugarcane: Mold on sugarcane skin can be dangerous as it contains poison.
- Raw red kidney beans: Contain toxin phytohemagglutinin and is dangerous. Eat cooked red kidney beans only.
- Potato: Do not consume sprouted or green beneath skin potatoes as it contains high amount of solanine chemical. Solanine causes dizziness, vomiting, headache and diarrhea.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: July 25, 2018