Bhakhri is gluten free Indian flat bread which is common in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa and Rajasthan. It can be made with bajra (pearl millet) flour, ragi (finger millet) flour, sorghum (jowar) flour, wheat flour or rice flour. Most of these flours are gluten free and hence requires some practice to make. These flours are also high in dietery fiber and hence makes it a healthy meal. Bhakhri contains pearl millet, salt and water. Bhakhri is typically biscuit-like bread flavored with ghee and cumin seeds. Generally, there are two types of bhakhris—one is cooked like a biscuit while the other is puffed up and served with ghee.
Know about WeRIndia
- Quick And Easy Beauty Hacks For A Stress-free Look
- This Ingredient Helps Cut Seizures In Rare Epilepsy Disorder
- Basic Hygiene Tips From Doctors To Reduce The Risk Of Infections
- Why Ammonia-Free Hair Colour Is Good For You?
- Is China-Grass Good Or Bad For Health?
- Mahishasura Mardini Stotra To Chant This Friday