In extreme situations, alcohol consumption can result in anaphylaxis, a sometimes-lethal condition. Anaphylaxis is a serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death. It typically causes more than one of the following: an itchy rash, throat or tongue swelling, shortness of breath, difficulty inhaling and exhaling, vomiting, lightheadedness, and low blood pressure. These symptoms typically come on over minutes to hours.
An alcohol allergy can also enhance your odds of an anaphylactic reply to various other triggers, such as foodstuff allergens.
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: February 16, 2017