Studies suggest genetic factors are associated with a person’s sensitivity to the effects of alcohol, so it’s good to know your family history.
Tag: Allergens in Alcohol
The commonest abnormal reaction like flushing, increased heart ate and reduced blood pressure due to genetic impairment in the alcohol metabolism is seen in persons from an oriental background.
An alcohol allergy can also enhance your odds of an anaphylactic reply to various other triggers, such as foodstuff allergens.
It is also advisable to wear a medic alert bracelet and inform family members, work place and friends in the event you have a reaction down the road.
Know about WeRIndia
- Wake up and smell the burning rubbish? Secrets of disordered smell found
- How eating eggs can boost heart health
- Drug that lowers blood sugar also reduces blood vessel dysfunction caused by aging
- Desire for son in Nepal may impact on girls' health and wellbeing -- new study
- Taste buds can adapt to low salt diet
- Alcohol may be more risky to the heart than previously thought