Parents please take a note! Is it OK to drink and intoxicated in front of your children? Parents must decide their own attitudes and values about not only drinking alcohol, also about drinking in front of children.
Tag: Drinking Alcohol
Alcoholic beverages contain a complex mixture of grape, yeast, hop, barley or wheat-derived substances, natural food chemicals (like salicylate), wood-derived substances or preservatives like sodium meta- b-i sulfite.
It is also advisable to wear a medic alert bracelet and inform family members, work place and friends in the event you have a reaction down the road.
An alcohol allergy can also enhance your odds of an anaphylactic reply to various other triggers, such as foodstuff allergens.
The commonest abnormal reaction like flushing, increased heart ate and reduced blood pressure due to genetic impairment in the alcohol metabolism is seen in persons from an oriental background.
Studies suggest genetic factors are associated with a person’s sensitivity to the effects of alcohol, so it’s good to know your family history.
Any one of the above substance may cause an allergic-like reaction, and may also be found in your favorite beer.
More often, alcohol exacerbates underlying conditions such as asthma, urticaria and rhinitis because it opens up blood vessels. Sensitive people may get wheezy, headaches and skin flushes.
Know about WeRIndia
- Genetic variants that protect against obesity could aid new weight loss medicines
- After heart attack: Late dinner and no breakfast a killer combination
- Achieving sugar reduction targets could cut child obesity and healthcare costs
- Microbiome science may help doctors deliver more effective, personalized treatment to children with irritable bowel syndrome
- Torn rotator cuff: Everything you need to know
- Low-calorie sweetener derived from lactose gets manufacturing boost from yeast