Parents please take a note! Is it OK to drink and intoxicated in front of your children? Parents must decide their own attitudes and values about not only drinking alcohol, also about drinking in front of children.
Tag: Drinking Alcohol
Alcoholic beverages contain a complex mixture of grape, yeast, hop, barley or wheat-derived substances, natural food chemicals (like salicylate), wood-derived substances or preservatives like sodium meta- b-i sulfite.
More often, alcohol exacerbates underlying conditions such as asthma, urticaria and rhinitis because it opens up blood vessels. Sensitive people may get wheezy, headaches and skin flushes.
Any one of the above substance may cause an allergic-like reaction, and may also be found in your favorite beer.
Studies suggest genetic factors are associated with a person’s sensitivity to the effects of alcohol, so it’s good to know your family history.
The commonest abnormal reaction like flushing, increased heart ate and reduced blood pressure due to genetic impairment in the alcohol metabolism is seen in persons from an oriental background.
An alcohol allergy can also enhance your odds of an anaphylactic reply to various other triggers, such as foodstuff allergens.
It is also advisable to wear a medic alert bracelet and inform family members, work place and friends in the event you have a reaction down the road.
Know about WeRIndia
- Sleep added to cardiovascular health checklist
- Only 1 in 5 people in the U.S. has optimal heart health
- No more binge eating: Signal pathway in the brain that controls food intake discovered
- Higher protein intake while dieting leads to healthier eating
- Microbial link between Western-style diet and incidence of colorectal cancer uncovered
- Why many cancer cells need to import fat