Adding lemon juice or vitamin C to green tea increases the amount of antioxidants available for the body to absorb by more than five times. According to studies, antioxidants in green tea may help combat atherosclerosis and heart disease and lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Several studies have shown that both green and black teas help protect against many forms of cancer. And animal studies suggest that green tea may help prevent or slow the development of type 1 diabetes. And, Purdue University researchers found that adding lemon juice, other citrus juice, or vitamin C helped the body absorb as much as 13 times the healthy catechins that is present in green tea. The addition of lemon juice caused 80 percent of the catechins to remain.
Know about WeRIndia
- Proven Ayurveda Herbs That Aids In Weight Loss
- Breakthrough Probiotic Therapy Can Prevent Sepsis In Newborns
- Breast Cancer and the Alcohol and Sugar Connection
- Licorice is a hot trend in hot flashes, but could interact with medications
- Human Milk Sugars Can Kill Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria, Says Research
- OPPO F3 Rose Gold: The Ultimate Style Statement