Adding lemon juice or vitamin C to green tea increases the amount of antioxidants available for the body to absorb by more than five times. According to studies, antioxidants in green tea may help combat atherosclerosis and heart disease and lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Several studies have shown that both green and black teas help protect against many forms of cancer. And animal studies suggest that green tea may help prevent or slow the development of type 1 diabetes. And, Purdue University researchers found that adding lemon juice, other citrus juice, or vitamin C helped the body absorb as much as 13 times the healthy catechins that is present in green tea. The addition of lemon juice caused 80 percent of the catechins to remain.
Know about WeRIndia
- DIY Vitamin C Facial Serum Recipe For Flawless Skin
- Style Trends To Follow This Diwali
- 11 High Risk Groups for Breast Cancer — Which One Are You In?
- Everyday Items/Habits That Can Make You Sick If You're Not Maintaining Hygiene
- 10 Jewellery Styles To Cover Your Wedding Ceremonies In A Grand Way
- Why Should We Bring Salt On Diwali