You might find raw mangoes in the market. If so and if you like spicy foods then try these two delicious and tasty recipes- Mango bhoota gojju from North Karnataka, India and Mango chutney. Mangoes supply vitamin C and fiber. Mangoes are also good for bowl movement and helps in reducing constipation!
The two recipes given below tastes much better during rain and cold seasons!!
Mango bhoota gojju909
- Raw mango -1
- Garlic – 3-5 cloves
- Green chilli – 2 to 3
- Coconut oil or cooking oil – 1 Tbs
- mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Cook mango till it becomes tender.
- In a pan add oil and fry garlic cloves. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Grind green chilli and mango pulp – transfer to a vessel and add salt. Boil this content.
- Add garlic, mustard and curry leaves and continue boiling for couple of minutes more.
- Serve mango bhoota gojju with rice. One can mix the rice with gojju – add little oil or clarified butter for taste.
Raw Mango Chutney
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 4 tsp channa dal
- 2 tsp black gram dal
- 4 to 5 dry red chilies
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafetida
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 medium raw mango, peeled
- Salt per taste
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp asafetida powder
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat 1/2 tsp oil dry roast channa dal, black gram dal, red chillis and fenugreek seeds.
- Add coconut and asafetida and continue to roast for one more minute. Turn off the flame.
- Allow the mix to cool and add raw mango pieces – mix and transfer to a wet grinder.
- Add water and grind the mix to coarse paste. Transfer to a vessel.
- In a pan – heat the oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafetida. Prepare seasoning and transfer the seasoning to above mango chutney.
- Add salt and mix the content.
- Serve mango chutney with rice, chapati, idli, dose or mix with rice and serve.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: December 5, 2016