Raw Mango Bhoota Gojju and Mango Chutney
You might find raw mangoes in the market. If so and if you like spicy foods then try these two delicious and tasty recipes- Mango bhoota gojju from North Karnataka, India and Mango chutney. Mangoes supply vitamin C and fiber. Mangoes are also good for bowl movement and helps in reducing constipation!
The two recipes given below tastes much better during rain and cold seasons!!
Mango bhoota gojju909
- Raw mango -1
- Garlic – 3-5 cloves
- Green chilli – 2 to 3
- Coconut oil or cooking oil – 1 Tbs
- mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Cook mango till it becomes tender.
- In a pan add oil and fry garlic cloves. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Grind green chilli and mango pulp – transfer to a vessel and add salt. Boil this content.
- Add garlic, mustard and curry leaves and continue boiling for couple of minutes more.
- Serve mango bhoota gojju with rice. One can mix the rice with gojju – add little oil or clarified butter for taste.
Raw Mango Chutney
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 4 tsp channa dal
- 2 tsp black gram dal
- 4 to 5 dry red chilies
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafetida
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 medium raw mango, peeled
- Salt per taste
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp asafetida powder
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat 1/2 tsp oil dry roast channa dal, black gram dal, red chillis and fenugreek seeds.
- Add coconut and asafetida and continue to roast for one more minute. Turn off the flame.
- Allow the mix to cool and add raw mango pieces – mix and transfer to a wet grinder.
- Add water and grind the mix to coarse paste. Transfer to a vessel.
- In a pan – heat the oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafetida. Prepare seasoning and transfer the seasoning to above mango chutney.
- Add salt and mix the content.
- Serve mango chutney with rice, chapati, idli, dose or mix with rice and serve.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: December 5, 2016
Write a comment