Plantain is close relatives of banana. Raw green big sized fruits, similar to banana.
Plantains are more starchier and contains less sugar compared to banana.
Plantain are also available throughout the year and easy to grow in tropical condition.
They are good cooking ingredients and can be used to prepare various types of dishes.
Apart from supplying good carbohydrates plantains also contain little amount of protein, vitamin C, A, B6, potassium, magnesium and iron.
One can prepare sambar, chips, curries, yogurt dishes and dosa using plantain. Plantain dosa recipe is provided below and it does not require fermentation process!
- Plantains -2
- White rice – 1 cup
- Salt – as per taste
- Grated coconut – 1 Tbs
- Green chillis – 2 small
- Onion – ¼ cup
- Cilantro – 1 Tbs
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Soak white rice for about 2 hours
- Peel plantain skin and cut into small pieces.
- Grind soaked rice using ½ cup water. Add plantain pieces, green chillis, grated coconut and grind to dosa batter consistency.
- Transfer batter to a container and add cumin seeds, chopped coriander leaves, salt and mix well.
- On medium flame heat skillet and spray little oil.
- Pour a ladle of dosa batter and spread it evenly on the skillet. Put little oil on and around dosa. Cover with a lid. Everytime when you pour dosa batter on skillet, make sure to mix the batter well.
- Remove lid and turn dosa to cook other side. Once dosa turns golden yellow color, remove from the heat.
- Serve hot dosa with chutney and sambar.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: September 26, 2017