For this cold winter try something new – a traditional black pepper rice. It can be a lunch item too.
Black pepper is a fruit and it an economically important cash crop. It has several health benefits. Ayurvedic system widely uses black pepper as a remedy for several such diseases.
It gives relief from respiratory disorders, coughs, the common cold, constipation, indigestion, anemia, impotency, muscular strains, dental disease, pyorrhea, diarrhea, and heart disease.
Try black pepper rice which is tasty and healthy this cold winter!
1. White rice (your choice) 2.5 cups
2. 1 Tbs clarified butter (ghee)
3. 2 tsp black pepper
4. 2 tsp channa dal
5. 3 tsp urad dal
6. Grated coconut – 2 tsp
7. Asafoetida – as per your requirement
8. 1 string of curry leaves
9. 1 tsp mustard seeds
10. 1 Tbs broken cashew nuts
11. 1 Tbs ground nuts
12. Salt to taste
13. Coriander leaves – chopped 1/4 cup
1) Cook rice in a rice cooker – rice should not be too soft.
2) In a pan heat clarified butter (ghee) and roast black pepper.
3) Allow pepper to cool and prepare powder.
4) In a deep pan heat ghee and add channa dal, urad dal, curry leaves, mustard seeds, cashew nuts, ground nuts and asafetida. Fry the ingredients till the aroma comes out! Turn of the flame.
5) Add rice, pepper powder and salt and mix well . While mixing add little more ghee.
6) Garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves and serve hot.
*Do not add more pepper as it will be very spicy. Little amount as mentioned in ingredient list should be sufficient. One can always add more crushed pepper if they want.
Recipe by: www.werindia.com
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: December 9, 2016