This is a healthy and balanced nutrient recipe – moong daal and roasted oats bread toast. Moong daal is good for digestive system and stomach feels full with little amount. Grand mother’s recommendation always is in favor of moong daal when it comes to weight loss! According to Ayurveda dishes made out of moong daal is a good option to reduce stubborn belly fat when eaten in right amount. It has low glycemic index (about 25). Vitamins: A, B Vitamins (Thiamin, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid) Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Vitamin K. They also contain skin anti-aging properties that stimulate the production of hyaluronic acid, collagen, and elastin, all essential to younger healthier skin. Oats also has tons of health benefits both for children and adults. It is a very good breakfast item. Oats provide high levels of fiber, low levels of fat, and high levels of protein. Another benefit of oats is, it is an immune system booster!
Try this kids friendly recipe next time for snack or breakfast.
What you need?
- Sprouted Green moong – 1/4 cup
- Roasted oats – 1 Cup
- Chopped cilantro – 1/2 Cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
- Green chili finely chopped – 2
- Ginger – 1 Piece
- Chopped onion – 2-3 Tablespoons
- Chopped coriander leaves – A handful
- Salt – to taste
- Red chilli powder – a pinch
- Lemon juice – 1 to 2 tsp
- Bread (your choice) -for 16-18 toasts
1) Soak and sprout moong daal (soak whole moong daal for few hours and transfer to a muslin cloth or to sprouting container)
2) Chop – coriander, chilli, ginger and onion separtely
3) Grind: sprouted moong, roasted oats, chilli, lemon juice, chilli powder and salt with little amount of water and grind to a paste.
4) Heat nonstick tava and put little butter
5) Now, spread the sprouted moong and oats mix on both sides of the bread.
6) Keep the bread slice on the tava and toast on both sides till the surface of paste turns slightly brown.
7) Remove and cut the toasted piece to triangle shape. Spread some chopped onions and coriander leaves on top of the toast.
8) Serve with tomato ketchup, tamarind and green chutney. This is a good evening snack for children and adults!
Recipe by: Healthylife.werindia.com