Preparing delicious and healthy idlis takes time. There are other ways to prepare idlis at home without taking much time or fermentation process. Instant rava idli, instant rice idli are two recipes we can use when we feel like eating idlis. There is another way to prepare tasty recipes with or without using baking soda. It is instant poha idli or beaten rice idli recipe and yes, it does not need fermentation!
Idli is healthiest breakfast one can ask for. Because it contains balanced carbohydrate, protein and fat ingredients in it and is recommended food for all conditions as it does not cause any side effects. Poha idlis are also healthy and tasty, very easy to prepare. Try poha idlis for good breakfast with hot filter coffee!
- Thin Poha/ Beaten rice -1 cup
- Rice idli rava– 1 & 1/2 cups
- Sour curd -1 cup
- Salt- as per your taste
- Baking soda – a pinch (optional)
- Prepare poha powder using a grinder.
- Wash idli rava and remove water by squeezing the rava.
- Mix poha powder and washed idli rava. Add yogurt and mix well. The consistency of the mix must be like regular idli batter. Add salt, mix well again. If needed add water. Let the mix sit for 15 minutes so that, rava absorbs yogurt and water.
- After 15 mins, add baking soda to the mix and mix the contents once again.
- Apply oil to idli stand or plates. Pour batter and steam cook idlis for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot idlis, coconut chutney with hot filter coffee!
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: June 8, 2020