To improve your taste buds after fever and sickness, homemade lemon young leaf (buds) chutney can be a cure. This is chutney helps to improve digestion and appetite.
Lemon leaves are highly aromatic and are beneficial. Lemon tree leaves (young) can be used for preparing tea, to wrap dessert and cheese (to get unique flavor).
If you have access to lemon tree, then try this good, traditional recipe to improve your taste bud and appetite.
- Lemon leaf buds – 1 cup
- Grated coconut -1/4 cupo
- Green chilli -2 or 3
- Black pepper – ¼ tsp
- Asafetida – Pinch
- Salt – As per taste
- Curry leaves – few
- Mustard – ¼ tsp
- Oil -3 tsp
- Wash and dry lemon leaf buds
- Place a frying pan on medium heat and add one tsp of oil. Add lemon leaf buds, fry till the color turns brown. Transfer fried leaf buds to a plate
- Now dry fry grated coconut, green chilli, black pepper
- Grind fried contents with salt. Do not add water. Grind the contents dry.
- Get ready with seasoning on low heat. Add oil, mustard, curry leaves and asafetida. To the seasoning add grinded material and mix well till the chutney appears like semi powder.
- Allow the chutney to cool. Transfer the dry chutney to air tight container and store in a cool place.
- One can have this with rice porridge, oats, chapati, upma, idli or mix with hot rice.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: February 4, 2020