Moth bean or matki seeds are rich source of fiber, potassium and magnesium. just like green gram moth bean also provides several health benefits. Matki is hindi name for moth bean. These are small cylindrical seeds rich in protein too. It has nutty taste and is perfect item for chaat preparation. Adding few vegetables and spices to sprouted moth bean makes it a perfect evening healthy snack.
One can also use moth bean in pulao, khichadi, curry preparations.
Moth bean chat recipe
- Sprouted Moth bean – 1.5 cup
- Tomatoes-finely chopped -1/4 cup
- Carrot-finely chopped -1/4 cup
- Onions-finely chopped -1/4 cup
- Cucumber-finely chopped -1/4 cup
- Coriander Leaves-finely chopped- 2 Tbsp
- Pomegranate – 2 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice -2 tsp
- Green Chili-finely chopped- one or two
- Chaat Masala -1 tsp
- Nylon Sev or boondi – for sprinkling on top of chat
- Sprout moth bean using muslin cloth or seed sprouter.
- Pressure cook sprouted moth bean by adding salt and enough water. Just one whistle should be enough for sprouted seeds to cook. Remove cooked sprouted seeds and allow it to cool. Remove excess water.
- Finely chop carrot, onion, tomato, cucumber, green chili and add to sprouted moth bean.
- To the above mix add chaat masala, lemon juice, chopped coriander and pomegranate.
- Mix well and before serving matki chaat sprinkle sev or boondi on top.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: March 18, 2021