Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Why? Breakfast provides you with the energy and nutrients that lead to increased concentration in the classroom. Studies show that breakfast can be important in maintaining a healthy body weight. Hunger sets in long before it is time for lunch, but because it is not convenient to eat properly, many people who have not eaten breakfast snack on foods that are high in fat and sugar. People who skip breakfast are unlikely to make up their daily requirement for some important vitamins and minerals that a simple breakfast would have provided. Breakfast provides energy for the activities during the morning and helps to prevent that mid-morning slump.
Go through the slides to see different countries breakfast .
1. Breakfast in India: In India breakfast choices varies in different states. In northern part of India it is paratha (potato or cauliflower stuffed) with yogurt, chutney and chapatti with curry or daal. In southern states dosa, idli, puri, upma and in other states sabudhan khichadi, dokla, roti, naan are served for breakfast.
2. A Cuban wake up meal: Usually consists of sweetened coffee with milk with a pinch of salt thrown in. The unique Cuban bread is toasted, buttered, and cut into lengths to dunk in the coffee.
3. Moroccan breakfast: Usually consists of sweetened coffee with milk with a pinch of salt thrown in. The unique Cuban bread is toasted, buttered, and cut into lengths to dunk in the coffee.
4. A healthy Hawaiian breakfast: Hawaiians eat fruits, bagel and lots of…. fruits. Hawaii has tropical climate and they grow pineapple, oranges, guava, strawberry and other fruits. Coconut water is popular drink in Hawaii.
5. Swedish breakfast: Often involves a Swedish pancake, known as a Pannkakor. It’s a thin flat cake made from batter and fried on both sides – much like a crepe. It’s usually served with a sweet, fruity filling.
6. Breakfast in Portugal: A delicious and simple affair with stuffed croissants and plenty of coffee served in the sun.
7. An Argentinian breakfast: Usually consists of “mate” (an infusion drink made with leaves of “yerba”) or dulce de leche with “facturas,”a croissant-like typical pastry.
8. A Russian breakfast: Oladi is the breakfast of choice in Russia. They’re sort of like pancakes and kind of like Yorkshire puddings, hot, just fried, soft inside and with a crispy edge! They are best enjoyed with sour cream, honey, jam or fresh berries.
9. A Hungarian breakfast: Always consists of Pogácsa. Well, nearly always anyway. Throughout the year there are festivals dedicated to it and the recipe changes region to region. They have a scone-like consistency and as well as a popular breakfast item.
10. An Estonian breakfast: Curd cheese on a wheat bloomer – known locally as ‘cheese on toast’. The creamy topping can be supplemented with ricotta or fromage fraiche instead.
11. In USA: In Northern America people consume cereals, pancakes, bagel and coffee for the breakfast. Cereals with milk and fruits, pancake with strawberry, blueberry, honey syrup are popular amongst all age groups.
Reference article & Image courtesy: http://main-designyoutrust.netdna-ssl.com/
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: June 11, 2015