Which type: Olive oil, rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, is a major component of the Mediterranean diet.
Olive oil is a fat obtained from the fruit of the Olea europaea (olive tree), a traditional tree crop of the Mediterranean region, where whole olives are pressed to produce olive oil. High-quality extra virgin olive oil has well-researched anti-inflammatory compounds and is recommended for health.
- Rich in both Vitamin E and K
- Contains anti-inflammatory compounds
- Olives and olive oil contain antioxidants in abundance.
- Helps with Weight Loss and Obesity Prevention
- Supports Brain Health
- Fights Mood Disorders and Depression
- Great for Boosting Skin Health
- Can Help Prevent or Treat Diabetes
- Balances hormones & hormones and reduce symptoms related to PMS, infertility or menopause.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: September 23, 2016