Idli is a healthy breakfast as it contains balanced amount of Protein, carbohydrate and fat. For a change, sometimes we can add other healthy stuffs into idli and make it little more interesting. Adding vegetables, healthy leaves like spinach or palak or adding cucumber to idli makes it taste different in a good way. Try cucumber idli recipe for a change for breakfast or dinner.
- Cucumber – 3 grated
- Coarse rice – 1 cup (rice sooji)
- Coconut – ½ cup grated
- Ginger – 1 inch grated
- Cilantro – 2 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Green chilli – 2 finely chopped
- Salt – as per taste
- Curd – 2 Tbsp (optional)
For seasoning: Oil, mustard, cumin, pinch of asafetida
- Wash, peel and grate cucumbers
- In a bowl mix coconut, rice sooji, salt, cilantro, curd (optional), green chilli, ginger and cucumber with two to three cups water. Keep the batter aside for half an hour
- Prepare seasoning using oil, mustard, cumin and asafetida
- Add seasoning to idli batter and mix well
- Grease idli plates/ cup and pour one ladle of idli mix in each plate/ cup
- Steam cook idli batter on medium heat for about 15-20 minutes
- Using a cold spoon remove hot idlis.
- Serve hot cucumber idlis with butter, sambar and coconut chutney!
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: October 30, 2019