Cauliflower rice is crunchy and tender and has slight nutty flavor. It is easy to prepare cauliflower rice or also known as cauliflower couscous. Separating florets and processing them using a food processor or a box grater gives small grains of cauliflower that can be used as grains. This is good for diabetic people and a healthy alternative for rice. Roasted cauliflower rice with cranberry and almond is a simple, nutritious dish that fills stomach easily. Seasoning and adding butter gives extra taste to roasted cauliflower grain.
- Cauliflower rice – 4 cups
- Olive oil or canola oil – 1.5 Tbsp
- Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Black pepper – 2 tsp
- Roasted almond – ½ cup
- Dried cranberries – ½ cup
- Salt – as per taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.*
- Get ready with cauliflower rice. Separate cauliflower florets and pulse them in a food processor until the florets broken down into small grains. Use this crunchy and tender grains for roasted cauliflower rice recipe.
- In a large bowl toss cauliflower pieces and olive oil. Add salt and black pepper
- On baking sheet lined with parchment paper spread cauliflower rice and place inside oven for 25 mins. Light the ingredient turns lightly brown and tender
- Remove roasted cauliflower rice from oven, add butter, half sliced roasted almonds and dried cranberries. Let the butter melt.
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning. Serve warm roasted cranberry cauliflower rice for lunch or dinner.
- Instead of oven one can dry roast seasoned cauliflower rice on medium flame on stove.
- One can also add more vegetables in the recipe like broccoli, carrot with cauliflower rice.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: November 12, 2019