Looking for some good healthy snacks to prepare? If you are okay with little oil in the system try this delicious and one of the famous Indian veggie patties : Hara bhara Kabab. Well, it has good ingredients too -spinach, peas, ginger!
Serving: three people
- 300 gm potatoes boiled till soft
- 150 gm peas boiled till soft
- 150 gm spinach boiled
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 2″ piece of ginger grated
- 1 tbsp chat masala or garam masala
- 2 and ½ tbsp besan/gram flour
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable / canola / sunflower cooking oil to shallow fry the kababs
- Cashews to garnish (1/2 cashew per kabab)
- Mix and mash together the potatoes (or grate the baked potatoes), peas and spinach till a smooth paste is formed.
- Roast gram flour in a small pan till it becomes aromatic and changes its color. Do not over roast or darken the gram flour.
- Add the remaining ingredients and roasted gram flour to spinach, potato and peas mix and mix well.
- Keep in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and shape the mix into round patties and shallow or pan fry * the kababs till golden brown.
- Drain the patties on paper towels. Garnish with cashews and serve hot with a chutney or sauce of your choice.
*One can bake kababs at 180 degrees C or at moderate oven temperature. Apply little oil on the kababs using brush or spoon. Place the kababs on a tray or on aluminum foil on baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the kababs get browned from the top. Turn the sides after 10-15 minutes for uniform baking. Serve hot kebabs.
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: August 24, 2015