Upma or uppittu is a breakfast item of India. It is prepared in various ways using different ingredients – cracked wheat, suji-rava, rice rava, vermicelli etc. Upma can also be prepared using rice vermicelli and it tastes delicious. This is a good lunch item and kids love to have this because of its yummy taste.
- Rice vermicelli 2 cups
- Coconut grated 1/2 cup (or 1 cup)
- Coriander leaves chopped 1/2 cup
- Frozen Green peas 1/2 cup
- Green chilies 2
- Mustard 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice few drops
1. Boil 3 cups of water. Add rice vermicelli to the boiling water and let it cook for 2 minutes. Switch off the stove. Drain the water.
2. Combine grated coconut, green chilies, coriander leaves and salt in a mixer and make coarse paste without adding water. [This is masala]
3. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and urad dal fry. Add green peas and cook for few minutes. Add masala (from step 2) and mix well. Switch off the stove. Mix it with cooked vermicelli and finally add lemon juice.
Recipe by: Mamatha Anil @ http://bhakshyabhojana.blogspot.in/
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: February 3, 2017