Amla Soup Indian Gooseberry Soup
Soon one can see Indian gooseberry arriving in vegetable market. Also known as amla in India, fruits of amla tree are used in many traditional home remedies for various conditions. Amla is rich in vitamin C and has many health benefits. It boosts the immune system and strengthens the body system to fight against many conditions. It is also good for hair growth and reduces gray hair. Consuming amla is helpful during hot conditions and it protects body from heat while keeping body cool. And, amla is known to boost immune system!
It is also used in Indian cuisine to prepare different dishes and sweets. Try nutrient rich amla soup which is easy to prepare and it requires very few ingredients. (Quantity mentioned here enough to serves 4 people).
- Amla : 6 to 8
- Mint leaves – 1/4 cup
- Pepper powder -1/4 tsp
- Chat masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Corn flour -1/2 tsp
- Butter -1 tsp
1) Remove seeds from amla and cut amla into small pieces
2) In a frying pan, under low flame- add butter and fry amla pieces in heated butter.
3) Add two cups of water and cook amla.
4) Grind cooked amla and mint leaves.
5) Add salt, pepper powder, chat masala to grinded mix followed by water.
6) Boil the content for just two minutes.
7) Mix corn flour in 1/2 cup water and add this to boiling amla soup. Boil another 2 minutes.
8) Serve hot amla soup by adding butter or breadcrumbs.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: October 25, 2021
« Diabetes Friendly Healthy Finger Millet Ragi Idli Celebrate This Diwali With Dates Halwa »
Write a comment