Are you looking for a different variety of salad? Then, try this simple and delicious salad subji of cabbage.
Cabbage is one of the fibrous and nutrient rich vegetable. Cabbage can vary in color from green to red and purple, and the leaves can be smooth or crinkled. With less than 20 calories per half cup cooked, it is a vegetable worth making room on your plate for. It is a very good source of manganese, dietary fiber, potassium, vitamin B1, folate and copper. Additionally it also a good source of choline, phosphorus, vitamin B2, magnesium, calcium, selenium, iron, pantothenic acid, protein and niacin.
Cabbage helps to relieve constipation. Cabbage consumption in any form is good for health – prepare salad, soup, sambar, curry or pakora using cabbage – not only it tastes good, it has positive effect on the body.
Cabbage salad – subji Ingredients:
- Cooking oil – 3 Tbs
- Chilli peppers – 2 dried
- Chana dal – 1 tsp
- Urad (black gram) – 1 tsp,
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Asafetida – A pinch
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves – One string
- Green chilli – 2 – chopped
- Bell pepper – 1 sliced (red or green)
- Freshly chopped cabbage – One small head ( white or red)
- Salt – as needed
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp.
1) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2) Add red chilli, urad daal, channa dal and mustard seed followed by curry leaves and asafetida
3) Stir the contents and add green chillis.
4) Now add cabbage and bell pepper and mix for a minute. Turn off the heat source. Care should be taken that cabbage should remain crunchy. This gives a good taste for the dish.
5) Add grated coconut and mix well. Sprinkle salt and add sesame seeds.
6) Serve this healthy salad before or during lunch or dinner. It is a good side dish for bread and chapati or rice.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: September 9, 2016