Butter masala dosa is another popular dosa in South Indian restaurants. Locally it is also known as “benne dose”. With touch of butter soft dosa will be served with potato curry and coconut chutney. It is one of winter favorite breakfast and evening snack item too.
Ingredients for dosa:
- Dosa rice (or sona masoori) – 2 cups
- Urad dal (black gram)- 1 cup
- Beaten rice – 3 Tbsp
- Fenugreek (methi seeds) – 2 tsp
- Salt – As per taste
Ingredients for potato curry
- Potato – 4/5
- Onion – 1 medium size
- Green chilli -2
- Ginger -1/2 inch
- Salt – as per taste
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander – chopped 2 Tbsp
- Wash rice, black gram and methi seeds. Add beaten rice and soak all 4 ingredients in about 3 cups water for 4 to 5 hours.
- Grind soaked ingredients to dosa batter consistency.
- Transfer batter to a container. Add water if necessary, add salt and mix well. Leave it to ferment overnight at right temperature
- Morning mix dosa batter well.
- Grease a tava and place on medium heat.
- Using a ladle pour one ladle dosa batter on tava and spread on tava. Cover dosa with a lid. After couple of minutes remove lid and turn dosa to cook other side. Apply desired amount of butter on dosa surface.
- Flip dosa again, now again apply desired amount butter on dosa. Let butter melt on both sides.
- Remove hot butter dosa and serve with potato curry and chutney.
- On medium heat place a container and add oil. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves.
- Add finely chopped onion, green chilli and sprinkle little salt. Let onion cook.
- Meanwhile boil potato and mash them. Transfer mashed potatoes to cooked onion, add little more salt, chopped coriander and mix well. Potato curry ready.
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: January 7, 2019