On Shivaratri day try this sweet recipe to offer to Lord Shiva as Naivedya. It is easy to prepare, simple and takes less time to prepare. Banana halwa made out of banana, sugar and ghee -as main ingredients is delicious. Banana is rich in potassium and contains dietary fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin C, magnesium etc. Ghee, of course has special nutrient values and gaining much importance in the world of nutrition.
Banana Halwa recipe
- Banana 3 (ripened ones)
- Sugar ½ cup
- Ghee ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
- Roasted cashew pieces ¼ cup
- Remove the skin and mash the bananas.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan and add mashed banana. Keep stirring till banana turns brown color. (cook on low to medium heat)
- Add sugar and mix well, let it dissolve completely. Add some more ghee and roasted cashew pieces.
- Add cardamom powder. Cook for another few minutes till it becomes sticky, single mass which starts leaving the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and pour it into greased plate, allow it to cool and cut it into desired shapes. Store them in an airtight container.
Source: Recipe and image by: Mamatha Anil at Bhakshabhojana.blogspot.com