Baby corn – the immature ear of corn is very tasty and several dishes can be prepared using baby corn. It is mildly sweet and tender. As soon as the corn silk peeks out, baby corn will be harvested and used in cooking.
Manchurian, pepper fry, stir fry, soup are popular dishes made out of baby corn to name few.
In Asian cooking, if a dish lacks texture baby corn fulfills it by giving pleasant taste and crunchiness.
And, we all know how good is asparagus to us. Rich in fiber and supplies multiple nutrients. It is loaded with nutrients like folate, vitamin A, C, E and K. It supplies good amount of fiber. It helps in fighting cancer as it has rich source of glutathione a detoxifying compound.
It is packed with antioxidants and has ability to neutralize cell-damaging free radicals. Asparagus with baby corn – a good combination for many delicious dishes including stir fry.
Baby corn asparagus pepper stir fry
- Green asparagus -15
- Baby corn – 250 grams
- Green chilli – 4
- Leek – 1
- Olive oil or Canola oil – 2 Tbs
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Crushed pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per your taste
- Wash all vegetables using water.
- In a pan add water and bring it to boil. Now add baby corn and blanch for about 5 minutes. Remove baby corn and place on tissue paper
- Slice leek into thin rings.
- In a pan heat little oil on medium heat, add cumin followed by green chilli and sauté for few seconds.
- Now add both types of asparagus and blanch for few minutes.
- Add blanched baby corn and sprinkle salt and crushed pepper
- Stir fry all ingredients for few minutes – you should get good aroma from the vegetables.
- Serve stir fry with white rice or chapathi
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: September 18, 2017