Recipe by : Mamatha Anil (http://bhakshyabhojana.blogspot.com)
Avocados are nutritious fruits with Vitamin K, C, B5, B6 and Vitamin E. It is also rich in folate and potassium. Avocado has become popular and considered as another super food. They contain more amount of potassium than banana and contain oleic acid which heart friendly. They supply good soluble fiber. Research shows that avocado can reduce cholesterol levels and increases good cholesterol or HDL. If you are not a fan of bland taste of avocado then try adding avocado to salads and other foods. One can make avocado chapati
Avocado chapati recipe:
- Multigrain flour 2-3 cups [I used DEEP multigrain flour which contains Wheat, Soyabean, Oat, Corn, Ragi, Barley, Jowar, Channa Dal and Psyllium Husk]
- Ripe Avocado- 2
- Cut the Avocado into half, scoop the pulp and place it in a bowl. [Discard the seed and the skin].
- Add multigrain flour into it. Mix well and add water little at a time and knead the dough until soft.
- Cover and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and make lemon size balls.
- Roll the balls in dry flour first and then roll them into thin discs using rolling pin.
- Heat the pan and place the rolled chapatis. Cook both the sides. Remove from heat.
- Serve healthy hot chapati with any sabzi/ curry
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: February 24, 2016