Plant essential oils has been in use for many centuries in traditional systems for healing purposes. Healing of body from outer and inner stress through essential oil is possible because of the divine nature of essence produced by plants. Aromatherapy, crystal therapy, massage therapy and cosmetic industry – use essential oils for various reasons. The pure quality essential oils can be used for healing the seven chakras of our body. Chakras represents our vital energy centers of the body. Depending on the purpose, condition, stress level chakras are cured and balanced using various essential oils. When all of the chakras are balanced in their expression, the expression of physical, mental and spiritual well being is manifested.
*Do you know? You can apply essential oils while practicing yoga and use simple yoga poses to balance the chakras: forward bend for the root chakra, triangle pose for the sacral chakra, mountain pose for the solar plexus chakra, cobra pose for the heart chakra, shoulder stand for the throat chakra, crescent pose for the third eye chakra and tree pose for the crown chakra!
Essential oils are renowned for their ability to promote spiritual focus, enhance mental clarity, and emotional well-being. One way to apply essential oils on chakras is direct application on chakra areas. One can also inhale the oils that diffuse throughout our system. Put a small amount of oil on hand and rub the hands and inhale slowly and deeply.
1. The Root Chakra: Sanskrit: Muladhara Chakra: Located at the base of spine in tailbone area, this is where our sense of security lies.
The root Chakra essential single oils: Vetiver, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Ginger, Cyprus.
Where to apply? On souls of the feet.
What effect these oils have? They help to create a sense of stability and security. Cyprus oil is purifying, soothing, invigorating, strengthening and centering. It calms the nervous system and eases stress; helping with anxiety, perfectionism & rigidity, and forcing or controlling tendencies.
2. Sacral Chakra: Sanskrit: Vadhistana Chakra: The lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in — our creativity and sexuality. Sacral Chakra, is symbolized by a lotus with six petals and corresponds to the color orange. Sacral chakra is like water and free flowing. Ylang Ylang and sandalwood both act as an aphrodisiac to aid in our sexual and reproductive energies.
Sacral Chakra Essential Oil Singles: Ylang Ylang, Clary Sage, Rose, Rosemary, Patchouli and Jasmine
Ylang Yalng can help release feelings of tension and irritation, allowing emotional healing to flow naturally and bring joy back into the heart. It heightens sensitivity, self confidence and a sense of creativity. It develops the inner feminine and is balancing, purifying and calming.
Where to apply? Below naval region
3. Solar Plexus Chakra: Sanskrit: Manipura Chakra: It is also known as power chakra. The upper abdomen, in the stomach area — our self-esteem and confidence. Use cinnamon to help heat up this power center, or peppermint to cool any excess fire in the system.
Solar Plexus Chakra Essential Oil Singles: Juniper, Basil, Lavender, Bergamot, Geranium, Ginger, Lemongrass
The Manipura is the center of self-esteem, willpower, self-discipline, as well as warmth in the personality. Balancing the Manipura allows us to feel cheerful, vital, strong & alive.
4. Heart Chakra: Sanskrit: Anahata Chakra: Located in the center of chest just above heart. The scent of rose is related to our heart, and enhances romance and love. It is also helpful for alleviating depression and insomnia.
Heart Chakra Essential Oil Singles: Rose, Geranium, Jasmine, Cedarwood, Ylang Ylang, Eucalyptus
5. Throat Chakra : Sanskrit: Vishudha Chakra: Located in the throat — the center for self-expression.Use eucalyptus to help clear sinuses and cure a sore throat or coughing, allowing this passageway to become free and clear for self-expression.
Throat Chakra Essential Oil Singles: Eucalyptus oil, Roman Chamomile, Tea Tree, Lavender, Lemon, Patchouli, Hyssop
Where to apply? On throat region.
Eucalyptus oil helps to open, clean and in clearing lungs and airways. This oil improves breathing function and provides the body with rich antioxidants. It allows for a feeling of safeness to embrace life through the breath and be open to all experiences.
6. Third Eye Chakra: Sanskrit: Ajna Chakra: At the forehead and in between the eyes is the gateway to our intuition. Lavender oil is incredibly calming and great for headaches; a common occurrence whenever your third eye is blocked.
Third Eye Chakra Essential Oil Singles: Lavender, Rosemary, Clary Sage, Patchouli, Helichrysm,
The Ajna is associated with intuition (or sixth sense), and governs how the rest of the chakras function. When third eye is functioning well, you have insight and you trust your inner wisdom to face life’s challenges and choices.
Orange oil helps to bring confidence by calming the body & mind, while focusing attention. It relieves tension and doubt while increasing intuition, self-assurance & creativity.
Where to apply? The space between the eyebrows.
7. Crown Chakra: Sanskrit: Sahasrara Chakra: The very top of the head is our universal connection to beauty and spirituality. When it is open it helps us relate to spirituality and helps us in understanding beyond our physical body who we are. Frankincense is the divine oil that one should use on crown chakra to balance and bring back the clarity.
Crown Chakra Essential Oil Singles: Frankincense, Sacred Frankincense, Myrrh, Lavender, Jasmine
Frankincense is one of the most spiritually-charged oils. It has been around for thousands of years, and brings us mental peace and clarity.
Where to apply? On the top of the head.
With busy and fast life we all get stressed and we look for some inner peace. Nature has gifted us a powerful method to overcome the stress in the form of plant essential oils. Just the thought of flowers, leaves and the fresh scent helps us to calm down. Understanding and noticing where and how we are disturbed with respect to chakra and applying respective essential oils on chakras is a simple method that helps us to achieve inner peace, empowerment, confidence, happiness and balanced life.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: December 9, 2016