Seven washing hacks
We all struggle while laundering clothes.
Sometimes, simple hacks can help to reduce the time that we spend on cleaning and washing clothes, shoes and home.
Here are seven simple washing hacks that saves time and money.
How to clean shirt collar?
- Lay your shirt flat with the soiled collar facing up.
- Pour undiluted liquid laundry detergent directly onto the soiled area.
- Let the detergent soak into the collar for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash as normal.
How to clean white shoes?
- Take 1 Tbsp Baking soda
- Add ½ Tbsp water
- Add ½ Tbsp Hydrogen peroxide
- Mix and apply on shoes using old toothbrush
- Leave in Sun for 3-4 hrs.
- Use brush and scrub dried particles
- Shoe is back to white color
Removing wrinkles from clothes
- Toss the cloth in dryer
- Add a dryer sheet
- Add one or two ice cubes
- Run dryer for 10 minutes
- Smooth cloth is ready!
Drying clothes fast
- Toss wet clothes in the dryer
- Add a dry towel
- Let dryer run for 15 to 20 minutes
- Dry towel absorbs moisture & clothes dry fast
Grease stain removal
- Rub white chalk over the grease
- Wash the cloth
- It becomes easy for laundry detergent
- Use same technique for lipstick stain
No dryer sheet, no problem
- Throw a ball of Aluminum sheet with wet clothes
- It removes static and is reusable
- Toss both pillows inside washer
- Throw a tennis ball
- Run washer
- Tennis ball helps pillows to keep fluffy
Grandma’s tips: www.werindia.com
Image credit: Photo by Daria Obymaha from Pexels (free for commercial use)
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: July 5, 2022
Write a comment