Before cluttering your kitchen with items think twice and think in terms of money savings and do you really need those items.
Here are 8 items that are not essential for kitchen and one can handle kitchen work without these items.
- Banana slicer: Yes, banana slicer cuts banana perfectly to uniform slices. And, you pay money to buy this, thinking it is very helpful. Really? What happens if the banana has less or more curve and longer than slicer? Instead, use knife and cut banana’s and throw in your cereal. This saves money and gives little exercise to your fingers!
- Garlic press: Another item to clutter your kitchen. Instead use knife or your food processor. To crush garlic use flat side of good knife or mortar/pestle and crush garlic!
- K-CUPS: This one has taken out all that fun of coffee making and causing environmental hazard. They are bulky and costs more money! Instead, either prepare your coffee using traditional method which is called “filter coffee” or use coffee machine with regular reusable filters. This way you will save money as well as help mother earth!
- Disinfectant wipes: Feels convenient to use and it is pricey too. You cannot reuse wipes, every time you need to use fresh one. Instead use white vinegar with combination of water, lemon, baking soda and clean the surface. It is mild and costs less. Add essential oil drops to the mix to enhance scent.
- Juice extractors: They may look trendy but you are giving up both money and good material here. Instead use regular blender and save money. Instead of tossing pulp which has fiber and gives good health benefit, consume pulp too. Do you know all fruits are not hard and easy to blend?
- Bread Maker: Why you need a bread maker when you have oven. It is not only pricey but also, bulky and takes space in kitchen.
- Sandwich maker/grill: Why sped on sandwich maker when you have traditional pan/tava for this purpose? It may take couple of extra minutes to get ready with toast. But it is tasty and less messy.
- Popcorn maker: Instead use ‘popcorn’ option in microwave if you already have one! If you feel it is not safe, then heat oil in saucepan on medium heat and add popping corn. Stir the corn with oil and cover. Shake saucepan without taking lid off. Add little salt, spice and have. This is fun and saves money too!
You might feel that these items are essential. Question is how often you use it?
After one or two uses if you feel you don’t have much of use of these items then it will go waste. Think twice before you buy stuffs for house.
Grandma’s tips: www.healthylife.werindia.com
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: May 8, 2019