Apart from cooking rice, making soup, cooking greens – slow cooker can be used for following cooking purposes.
- Bake potatoes : Wrap potatoes in aluminum foil and put them in slow cooker. Of course, don’t forget to add water. Bake potatoes slowly while you step outside the house. When you come back from your work, potatoes are baked!
- Cake baking: Mix cake ingredients. Grease inside cooker and pour the mix inside. Bake on high heat for 3 to 4 hours and serve hot with whipped frosting or with ice cream.
- Bread: Prepare bread dough and put it in slow cooker, set the temperature to high and let it bake for one to two hours. Check bread frequently and allow it to cool once it is baked!
If you have an old slow cooker that still works and if you don’t want to use it for cooking purpose then instead of discarding, you can use it for following purposes:
- Inhaler: Heat water and add Vicks or essential oils that helps berating. Inhale the vapor and get relief from congestion.
- Simmer rose petals and rose water: To enhance skin, add rose petals and few drops of rose water in water and let it simmer in the water slowly. Use low heat for this. Use water to nourish your skin!
- Homemade lip balm: Get beeswax, jajoba oil, vitamin E and put it in the cooker. For flavoring add a small amount of honey or sugar. Turn on cooker – medium heat. Let wax melt and mix with ingredients. Transfer the melted mix to old lip balm containers and use it after it cools and hardens!
- Hand towel heater: If you need wet and hot hand towels to clean face or hands and fingers after your beauty treatments, keep folded, moistened hand towels in slow cooker and warm them.
- Clean your jewelry – Yes, you heard it right. Add white vinegar, table salt and hydrogen peroxide to slow cooker pot. Heat the pot and let your jewelry soak in the liquid for couple of minutes and scrub it using soft brush. Turn off the heat.
- Air freshener: Add any of these or mixture of herbs – apples, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, cut lemon, peppermint oil, lavender, eucalyptus oil in slow cooker in water. Let the aroma spread inside the home.
Grandma’s tips: www.healthylife.werindia.com
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: August 30, 2018