By consuming dates we get several health benefits. If someone wants to put on some weight date is one of the best option. Dates contains organic sulfur, calcium, iron, manganese and copper. It also supplies dietary fiber and vitamins. Daily dates consumption gives balanced nutrition to body. Other health benefits of dates include: easy digestion, energy booster, immune system booster, treats anemia, cures allergy, boosts nervous system functionality and health, good for heart health, relieves intoxication, reduces sexual weakness and recent studies show that it reduces abdominal caner risk.
An eggless dates cake recipe is below.
Calorie per serving: 420
Total serving : 11
- Dates – 20
- Milk -3/4 cup
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Baking soda – – 1 tsp
- Dry fruits – Cashew, walnut, sliced almond and few raisins – together ¼ cup
- Butter – ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp (optional)
- Pinch salt (optional)
Baking mix preparation:
- Remove seeds from dates and add to milk. On medium heat boil milk with dates for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and grind. Add sugar and butter to grinded mix.
- Add all-purpose flour little by little followed by baking soda and dry fruits – pieces of walnut, cashew and raisins. The consistency of cake mix should be slightly thicker than dosa and idli batter.
- Now, apply little oil to baking pan and Sprinkle little all-purpose flour inside the container.
- Transfer the baking mix to the pan. Thickness of the baking mix at least should be 2 inches for easy lifting.
- On top of the mix place slices of almond.
- Bake the content at 350F for about 35 to 40 minutes. After 35 minutes using a knife check whether the content is baked or not.
- Remove and allow the cake to cool.
- Date cake is ready to serve now.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: August 21, 2017