More and more people are testing positive for Covid-19 and many are getting symptoms too! Are you worried about Coronavirus and lung infection? There are different ways to open air passage and improve lungs breathing capacity. These simple methods will help you to keep lungs healthy and active.
- Steam inhaling – Use plain water or mix few drops of eucalyptus oil in hot water. Inhale steam 10 minutes/ twice a day. Eucalyptus oil is a good source to reduce the mucus lining in the lungs. It helps to break up the congestion.
- Drink hot water. Hot water helps to clear congestion by moving mucus. Hot coffee, hot tea, mint tea or warm mint and lemon water also are remedies to reduce mucus in lungs.
- Drink hot turmeric water or boil a glass of milk with turmeric (bring it to half the quantity by boiling) and drink before going to bed.
- Fry few garlic cloves and eat. Or eat raw onion with jaggery – to remove mucous. Both these pungent foods help to reduce the infection.
- Ginger is anti-inflammatory and helps to reduce the mucous. Consume grated ginger (1 tsp) with little honey and pepper. Or eat jaggery and ginger to get rid of mucous. You can boil ginger and drink ginger tea with honey in it.
- Practice gargling with warm saltwater every day to reduce throat infection and to get rid of infection.
- Vitamin C helps to reduce cold- Either consume citrus fruits or drink citrus juice to keep lungs active.
- Inhale camphor (also known as panchakarpura). Powder camphor and place it in hand kerchief. Inhale camphor odor 2-3 times a day to keep your lungs passages open.
- Use humidifier while going to bed. Humidifier keeps your nasal passage wet and helps lungs to breath easily.
- Practice pranayama, deep breathing technique everyday – twice a day
- Practice yoga postures that improve lungs performance. (like bridge pose, cat & cow pose, Bhujangasana, Trikonasana, Camel pose, hero pose)
- Go for half an hour walk in fresh air. Open house window and let the fresh air come in.
It does not matter if you are at home during this outbreak! Try to be active, exercise everyday and continue breathing with help of good habits.
https://www.needpix.com/photo/download/452124/upper-body-lung-copd-disease-doctor-findings-medical-health-check-bless-you (Free for commercial use)
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: October 5, 2020