Sugar cane juice is popular in tropical countries and during hot sunny days people love to drink ‘Ganne ka ras‘ (Hindi). Unlike other fruit juices, sugar cane juice is obtained from crushing and squeezing the sweet stem of sugar cane plant.
Drinking sugar cane juice provides many benefits. One can use sugar cane juice for external application too.
According to Ayurveda and traditional medicines, the unique property of sugar cane juice is because of its alkalinity.
Fresh sugar cane juice gives foam! Once it enters the system it detoxifies the body and helps to rejuvenate and boosts energy.
Next time instead of drinking cola or other soft drinks try sugar cane juice. In this raw farm, it can be very healing for the body.
See what sugar cane juice has to offer:
- Drinking sugar cane juice two or three times a week helps in gaining and restoring energy. Add one or two tsp of lemon juice to increase the taste and effect.
- Sugar cane juice is good for overall health of women. It contains iron, potassium, calcium and magnesium. It also beneficial for men – increases vitality and fertility.
- Calcium and phosphorus content in sugar cane juice helps in elimination of bad breath. It supports health of gum/enamel.
- Presence of calcium makes it stronger supporter of skeleton. It is good for children bone development.
- It supports liver function and helps in liver health. People who suffer from jaundice can have sugar cane juice to strengthen liver. For a glass of sugar cane juice add a little lime and drink twice every day. Sugar cane maintains electrolyte balance.
- Facial mask: Multani mitti with sugar cane juice is a good remedy for acne and clears skin.
- Drinking this juice also helps in protecting skin from aging and the phytochemical compounds present in juice helps to keep skin moisturized.
- Potassium content and alkaline nature of the sugar cane juice helps to balance the electrolyte and pH. It facilitates secretion of digestive juice and keeps digestive system healthy.
- Sugar cane juice with little lime juice and black salt is a good remedy for sore throat!
- It is a cleansing agent too! – Drinking sugar cane juice removes toxins from body and boosts our immune system. It acts as a detoxifying agent and reduces unwanted content from our body.
- Urinary tract infection or UTI – coconut water with sugar cane juice and lemon juice helps in reducing urinary infections. And, it reduces kidney stones.
- Ginger, lemon juice with sugar cane juice helps in digestive problems and improves digestion.
- To some extent it also controls cholesterol and helps in weight control.
- Sugar cane juice is good for febrile disorders. Children who suffer from this condition often gets fever, seizure and loss of protein. Sugar cane juice compensates the loss of protein and reduces febrile condition in children.
If you are planning to drink sugar cane juice, be careful about road side sellers. One should use clean water and clean the juice extracting machines properly. If not, it may cause diarrhea. Also consume sugar cane juice within 5 -10 minutes of its extraction as it oxidizes very fast.
Grandma’s remedies: www.healthylife.werindia.com