For centuries, castor oil (oil of Ricinus communis) is in use for various health related problems. It is a very good anti-inflammatory natural medicine and reduces infections too! It is a rich source of unsaturated fatty acids and these fatty acids are the reasons for castor oils benefits for humans. Castor oil has occupied a special place, its own place in both Ayurveda and home remedies.
Buy castor oil from natural health stores. General recommendation is to use cold-pressed or cold-processed oil only and confirm it with a doctor before taking it. The color of the oil should be a very light or pale yellow.
Let us see some health benefits of castor oil.
1) Hair growth: Take one to two teaspoons of castor oil and warm it slightly. Massage castor oil into your hair and scalp and it will improve the blood circulation to your follicles, promoting faster hair growth. Try this once or twice a week for long and shiny hair.
What is that ingredient that gives this benefit? The ricinoleic acid in castor oil helps balance the scalp’s pH level. This reduces the risk of dandruff, split ends and hair breakage.
2) To reduce wrinkles: Castor oil is a natural emollient and helps to reduce the wrinkles and fine lines. This oil penetrates the skin. Advantage of using castor oil is it does not block the pores of skin as it is thick when compared to other types of oils.
Gently massage skin with few drops of castor oil in circular motion daily before bath or before going to bed. You will notice the results after 6 to 8 weeks.
3) To remove dandruff: Warm a tsp of castor oil and add few drops of lemon oil. Massage the scalp gently with this mixture. Castor oil also has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. Massaged into the scalp it will help to clear up dandruff and other scalp conditions.
Similarly, mix few drops castor oil, honey and lemon – apply on scalp and massage. If you have black hair then use the first method, because this mixture contains honey which can bleach the black hair.
4) Acts as conditioner: Castor oil acts as a conditioner by balancing the pH of the scalp. One need not buy costly conditioners. Warm castor oil and apply it to hair an hour before washing your hair.
5) Removing stretch marks : Combine 1 tablespoon of castor oil with 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil.
Apply this mixture on the stomach, thighs and other areas where the pregnancy stretch mark is there on the body. Castor oil helps to get rid of the stretch marks. It helps to retain the moisture and elasticity of the skin. The texture and thickness of the castor oil gives this property.
6) Premature graying of hair?: Apply castor oil three times a week. Try to retain little oil while washing the hair. This retains a coating of oil on the hair and hair will retain black color and oil prevents the premature graying of the hair.
7) Ringworm problem?: Mix 2 tsp of castor oil and 4 tsp of coconut oil. The active compound called undecylenic acid present in castor oil effectively treats ringworm. Ringworm is a fungal infection of skin. When you apply this mixture on the infected area it helps to prevent spreading of this fungus.
8) Laxative: Castor oil is a best, traditional laxative. If there is constipation problem add few drops of castor oil to warm water and drink. Problem will be solved!
9) Arthritis pain?: Soak a thin cotton cloth in warm castor oil. Remove excess castor oil and then tie this fabric around knee or any other areas wherever there is pain. Pain will reduce dramatically. Don’t forget to repeat this few times a day. The anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil make it ideal for relieving joint pain, nerve inflammation, and sore muscles.
10) Stomach problems: If you have bloating, acidity and irritated bowl then use a mixture of castor oil (few drops only) and a glass of cold milk for stomach cleansing. Mix both ingredients well and drink it. It eases the stomach and treats intestinal problems like bloating, acidity, constipation and irritated bowels.
11) Extreme constipation: Add castor oil and orange juice in equal proportions (around 2 ounces each) in a glass. Drink this in empty stomach followed by warm water few times. This clears the stomach and body feels fresh and light after the cleansing.
12) Tiredness of eyes: To remove the tiredness from eyes apply few drops of castor oil around your eyes and eyelashes before going to bed. Do not apply inside your eyes as it may give burning sensation. This treatment will leave you looking and feeling a bit more refreshed in the morning.
Disclaimer: Do not use castor oil if you are pregnant or have some serious health issues. Castor oil may interfere with other supplements. Contact your doctor and get an opinion from doctor before using castor oil especially for inner use.
Author: HealthyLife | Posted on: December 29, 2019