Grapes are one of the most important fruit which has multiple benefits. Grapes have been cultivated from centuries and is used for wine making even in ancient civilizations.
Grapes come in varieties of colors – Red, black, green, yellow, pink. Grapes contain Vitamin C, K and rich in antioxidants. Resveratrol is a compound that is present grape is helpful in cancer prevention and used in cancer treatment. Which means, the compounds present in grape have anti-cancer properties.
Like many other fruits, grapes also come in seedless varieties. Grapes that contain seeds are used for grapeseed oil extract. The leftover grapes during wine making are used to extract oil from the seed.
Grapeseed oil can be applied topically on skin or can be added to diet. If you are considering adding in your diet, make sure that to check the supplement label. Cold pressed or expeller pressed grapeseed oil extract is better for skin. If it is organic oil it is best for health.
Grapeseed oil has several benefits.
- It is rich in omega -6- fatty acids, vitamins and other antioxidants. Grape seed oil supplements are available in pharmacies. Adding grapeseed oil in our diet helps heart.
- Including the grapeseed extract in diet could reduce colon cancer risk.
- Consuming grapeseed oil reduces body inflammation and reduces swelling.
- It also useful in curing sunburns and the related pain.
- Grape seed oil is added to the skin care products to reduce effect of sun rays.
- It not only protects the skin also rejuvenates the skin because of presence of Omega-6-faay acid. Reduces wrinkles, dryness and look of aged skin.
- The oil extract also contains Vitamin E, C and some amount of vitamin D. Grapeseed oil has more Vitamin E which is essential for skin health. In addition, presence of Proanthrocyanidin helps to reduce free radicals damage to skin.
- Antioxidant present in the extract helps to reduce cholesterol and protects the heart health.
- Grapeseed oil can be used as moisturizer. Applying oil on skin during winter dryness helps to protect the skin. It is an ultra-hydrating oil and keeps the moisture under check.
- People who have sensitive skin can apply grapeseed oil topically to reduce any itching, burning and redness of skin reaction. It reduces skin inflammation.
- Applying grapeseed oil heals wounds fast and any scar associated with wounds will also reduce.
- Studies show that grapeseed oil has antimicrobial property and it could reduce acne and tightens the pores.
- For hair health: Grapeseed oil massage of hair and scalp improves hair condition by restoring moisture. Lightweight grapeseed oil brings shine, strength and retains moisture. Linolenic acid present in the oil helps to reduce the baldness.
- As career oil- Stress can cause chronic conditions. To get relief from stress aromatherapy helps. The essential oil that are used in aromatherapy needs a career oil and grapeseed oil is a good career oil.
Before using grapeseed oil on skin, test a small amount on an area. It should not cause any allergic reaction. Do not use grapeseed oil if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: June 3, 2021