Ash gourd also known as winter melon or green pumpkin belongs to same family as cucumber. In Ayurveda it is used to treat many health conditions under then name Kushmanda. Ash gourd contains almost 96% water. It is also source of Vitamin B and C. Because of high water content it is preferred remedy for weight loss. Ash gourd juice extracted by simple procedure is helpful in curing some of the common conditions.
To prepare ash gourd juice – remove outer skin and cut the white pulp into small pieces. Grind and strain and collect healthy juice. To give taste add little lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
Consuming the ash gourd juice helps to feel fit and reduces fatigue. Ash gourd juice can be used for some of these common conditions.
- For stomach ulcers: Cooling effect of ash gourd juice reduces stomach and mouth ulcers.
- To cure intestinal parasites: Especially in children, drinking ash gourd juices removes stomach worms.
- To reduce acid reflux /acidity: By cooling the digestive system, it reduces acidity
- To reduce anxiety, depression and other mental illness: It helps to relief mental stress, anxiety and addiction problem.
- It is good for hair growth: Applying the juice on hair by mixing with few drops of coconut oil and lemon juice helps to increase hair growth as it reduces dandruff.
- For good heart condition: It is a preferred vegetable for healthy heart condition and drinking ash gourd juice reduces cholesterol deposition.
- To reduce bleeding; Drinking the juice, reduces mouth ulcers and gum bleeding by acting as anti-coagulant. It also stops bleeding in kidney and stomach ulcers.
- Anti-inflammatory and analgesic: It reduces body inflammation and brings back sleep.
- To treat piles and constipation: While reducing excess body heat, ash gourd juice reduces heat related problems like constipation and piles.
- For kidney and gall bladder stones: It is a bladder purifier and helps to reduce buildup of kidney and gall bladder stones.
- For jaundice condition treatment: Drinking the juice helps to reduce jaundice symptoms
- To reduce asthma attack: People who suffer from asthma attack can also drink ash gourd juice as it reduces lung inflammation.
- Helps to remove poison by promoting vomiting (scorpion, snake, spider bites)
- Helps in reducing purpura or blood clot on skin surface
- Reduces weakness and fatigue: While keeping nerve system calm, ash gourd juice boosts energy
- Helps to sharpen mind -Drinking a glass of ash gourd juice every morning keeps organs cool and alert. For those who lack attention to tasks, drinking ash gourd juice helps to reduce agitation and brings back focus.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: August 28, 2019