Kids, how to control your body odor? You don’t need to wear branded clothes to look good and feel good.
To feel good and to improve your self-esteem you should be healthy and clean.
When you go to school your friends and classmates may notice your dress for few minutes or couple of days.
If you are not clean, then the image that you are trying to create through your dressing may not happen.
How to keep yourself clean and healthy?
- Always try to wear fresh clothes to school. In a closed class room sweat odor can reach one corner to another.
- Change your undergarments every day. This is hygiene practice required for your health.
- Make sure your clothes are washed before wearing them. If your school requires you to wear uniform then, after you come back home – hang your uniform in air to remove any sweat odor.
- Stay away from cigarette smoke and tell your family members not to smoke in the car and inside home -instead ask them to use designated area. If not your cloth and hair will collect smoke odor.
- Sweat gets into shoes easily and your socks also smells very bad if you don’t give attention to it.
- Bacteria can thrive in the shoes and socks for longtime as they like moist fabric of shoes and create bad odor.
- If you have more than one pair of shoe, use them alternate days. This way shoe that you used will dry properly. Don’t wear wet shoes.
- Once you come back home, take out shoe and socks. Wash socks alternate days. Clean shoes as often as possible. Washing, brushing and polishing is needed for all types of shoes. When you take care of shoes properly, not only your feet odor free, also shoes last longer.
- If you have washing machine at home, see whether you can wash your fabric shoe using washing machine.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss it almost every day. If not, the particles stuck in between will help in growth of odor causing bacteria. When you speak then your mouth smells.
- After every meal rinse your mouth and brush your teeth using your fingers.
- Avoid eating heavy onion and garlic before leaving to school.
- If you are wearing braces, make sure braces are cleaned. If not, it can harbor odor causing bacteria that release bad odor.
- Wash your feet after your school – wash between toes and use cloth/towel to wipe the water between toes.
- Dry feet properly. Don’t wear socks and shoes with wet feet – this harbors bacterium in the shoe.
- Avoid walking in cafeteria, class rooms, corridors in bare foot and public places. If not, you might catch fungal infections and can develop warts.
- Apply talcum powder to your feet and you can also put little talcum powder in your shoe.
- Before wearing shirts, make sure the shirt is washed and dried.
- Daily don’t forget to wash your underarm pit. If not, your body sweat odor can reach people who are sitting close to you.
- If needed use deodorant or anti-perspirant under armpits. Don’t use perfumes as it can cause headache to you and others.
- Wear clothes that are meant for each season.
- Don’t wear dirty gym clothes to classroom and once you come home take out gym dress and clean yourself.
- Take shower everyday using bath soaps.
- Oil and sweat can create odor in your hair. It also makes it dirty and greasy.
- Use shampoo to wash your hair. Massage your scalp well to remove dead skin, dirt and the oil. If needed use conditioner.
- Wash hair 3 times in a week.
- Use a wide toothed comb to comb hair. Avoid combing wet hair.
- Use Sun light to dry hair.
- Do apply oil to hair to keep it shiny, healthy and growing. Do not use oil in excess. And never use fragrant oil on your hair.
Body hygiene is very important. Just clean odor from the body itself tells others that you are clean and attracts people around you positively.
Author: Sumana Rao | Posted on: September 25, 2017