Whatever we do.. that stinky or unwanted odor comes back from various sources at home.
There are easy natural ways to get rid of unwanted odor.
1. Natural disinfectant: Mix a one tsp of tea tree oil in one liter of water. Spray this on tables and counter tops. Wipe using paper towel. This gives fresh odor to the house.
2. To remove odor from kitchen cupboard: Fill a clean, old stocking with ½ cup fresh ground coffee. Place or hang it in the cupboard. This removes odor of hing/asafetida, spices and other cooking ingredients odors.
3. If you don’t have a exhaust fan then, install a window fan in the kitchen to remove cooking oil/ deep frying odor. OR run exhaust fan in the bathroom. Any moving air in the house helps to reduce cooking smell.
4. Add lemon juice or slices of lemon to water. Boil the combination and then let it simmer. The acidic substance can take on the most potent of aromas such as that of burnt food.
5. Wipe off kitchen counter top and cabinets regularly using a disinfectant wipe.
6. a pot of boiling water and one or two sticks of cinnamon creates a great perfume to cover up stinky cooking odors.
7. Place roasted coffee beans in the refrigerator to remove odor from refrigerator.
8. Remove refrigerator odors with vanilla. Put a soaked cotton ball in a saucer and place it into the refrigerator.
9. To deodorize the microwave /oven place a bowl of water containing lemon slices or lemon juice. Bring this to a boil and let set for 15 minutes.
10. Combine a few tablespoons of baking soda with water in a crock pot and turn it on low. Keep the cover off and odors will simply disappear.
11. Pine or cedar wood shavings can be added to drawers, trunks or suitcases to remove bad odors and replace them with the wood scent.
12. Add your favorite scent to a room by filling cotton balls and placing them in closets, drawers.
13. Eliminate unpleasant odors with white vinegar. Pour some vinegar into saucers and set them around the kitchen or other rooms that need help.
14. Use newspaper- Wad up enough newspaper to fill the article and close it up. This may take days or weeks, and replacing the newspaper every few days will speed things up.
15. To deodorize the garbage disposal, do this: Put several tablespoons of borax in the drain, let it set 15 to 30 minutes, then flush it down with boiling water while the disposal is running.
16. To remove odor from stinky shoes use tea leaves. Use socks or pantyhose to hold the tea leaves, insert them into the shoes, and let set for a few days.
17. Deodorize garbage can by washing it using borax and water, let it dry, then add more borax.
18. Open the house windows every day for few minutes to get fresh air inside the house.
19. To remove paint odor – Use vanilla extract or lemon extract in a bowl and place them near the painted area or if you don’t have both then just place a few bowls of water to remove the paint odor.
20. Grinding coffee beans and brewing coffee are easy ways to fill a home with a pleasant aroma that can override less pleasant odors.
21. Prepare a simmering potpourri at home. It is easy – Bring a small pot of water to a gentle simmer, and add any combination of the following to the water: citrus peels, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon stick/powder. Let it simmer for few minutes and house smells good!!
Try these methods and share your opinion with grandma.