Many men suffer from hair loss by the time they reach age 40- 50. It may be due to hereditary or due to hygiene or stress kind of factors. To retain good hair or to prevent hair loss some simple and inexpensive tips are provided here.
Combination of yoga, good nutrients and natural remedies can help in retaining and growing hair and prevents baldness.
Try these simple tips and remedies.
- Practice yoga every day. Morning hours are the best to perform yoga. This rejuvenates the skin and supplies energy for the body. Yoga detoxifies the body and keeps it healthy.
- Include Sun salutation (Surya Namaskar) – 11 times. Sun salutation is an exercise for the entire body. It increases flow of blood to scalp region and prevents damage to hair. It also enhances the glow of skin and beauty of a person.
- Try shirasana that helps in supplying blood to head. If you don’t know how to perform shirasasana then try modified form of shirasasana (sit on knees and put head on the mat and slowly circle the head on the mat surface without putting pressure on the neck).
- Hormonal balance is key for good hair growth. To keep hormone in balance meditate twice a day. Meditation helps in relieving stress from body and mind.
- Breathing exercise helps in rejuvenating the cells and tissues. It removes toxins from the body. Practice pranayama. Slowly increase the inhale and exhale timings.
1) Warm coconut oil slightly and apply on root of hair (scalp) and massage for few minutes. Warm oil treatment retains the moisture in the scalp/hair.
2) Do not discontinue oil application to hair. Like our skin, hair also need external nourishment.
3) Apply olive oil, sesame oil or coconut oil and allow it to soak for few hours in the morning. Then take head bath.
4) Make sure your comb is cleaned properly and there is no dust stuck in between comb teeth.
5) Add young hibiscus leaves, fenugreek seeds to coconut oil and heat it for couple of minutes. Apply this oil on scalp and massage hair. Leave it for couple of hours and wash the hair.
6) Use shikakai powder to wash hair instead of shampoo. Boil water with few hibiscus leaves and squeeze the slimy content from the leaves. To this slimy extract add shikhakai powder and apply to head and wash hair.
7) Eat banana, apple, pomegranate, pineapple, oranges, kiwi, guava, strawberry fruits that supply Vitamin E, potassium, Vitamin C.
8) Biotin is important to stop hair fall – consume avocado, raspberries and raw cauliflower- these are good fruit and vegetable sources of hair-benefiting biotin.
9) Drink plenty of water. Water keeps scalp hydrated and it is essential for hair retention in the scalp.
10) Even though it sounds unpleasant, applying onion juice on the scalp nourishes hair follicles. Like coconut oil, onion juice cleans the scalp. It also increases circulation and nourish hair follicles because it is rich in catalase enzyme.
11) Researchers believe that saw palmetto is effective for stopping hair loss because it stops testosterone from converting into dihydrotestosterone. It’s a compound linked to thinning hair and pattern baldness.
12) Stop smoking immediately and keep alcohol drinking minimal: Smoking reduces blood circulation and drinking can hamper the immune system – both results in hair fall.
13) Exercise regularly: Regular exercise allows sweat to clean out and unclog hair pores.
14) Relieve stress and be at peace: Telogen effluvium is one ofleading cause of hair loss in men. It happens when men exposed to severe stress in the environment. The telogen phase is the resting phase of hair growth. If, for any reason, the number of hair follicles in the active, growth phase drops, TE can result, resulting in more hair loss. One way to prevent this is relaxation, getting enough sleep and move away from stress as much as possible. This is where yoga comes to rescue.
*Alopecia areata is hair loss that happens in patches – an autoimmune deficiency where white blood cells mistakenly attack the hair follicle. There is no proper cure for this. If you feel that you might be suffering from alopecia it is better to contact a dermatologist.
If the hair loss is very severe before taking any type of medicines, contact your doctor. You may need to modify your diet and take supplements or may have undergo tests to find out what exactly is happening in your system that is causing severe hair loss.