Our “Mother’s Day Special Recipe Contest”, which we ran through Facebook, is now closed.
Our motto was to “Celebrate the most important women in your life this Mother’s Day!“
We asked our users aka WeRIndians to share their family’s best, favorite food recipe in the comment section of our Facebook page and they could win a gift hamper to pamper their Mom like she deserves. And, guess what… we have received an amazing response from our participants in the contest.
HERE IS THE WINNER: Sunita Katyal
My Ultimate & the most healthy snack is “Oats Cutlet”.
And here’s the ‘Oats Cutlet‘ recipe:
- Oats – 1cup
- Onions – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Potatoes (boiled and mashed) – 4
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder-1/2 tsp
- Paneer-150 gms
- Salt – to taste
- Bread crumbs – 1/2 cup
- Cornflour (for paste,mixing with water)
- Green Chillies –(finely chopped) if required
- Olive Oil
- Coriander leaves – (finally chopped)
- Dry roast the oats and keep it aside.In a separate bowl Add mashed potatoes and grated paneer and chopped onion now add the red chilli powder, chaat masala, cumin powder, garam masala and coriander powder, salt and the chopped fresh coriander and mix well. Then add roasted oats and mix well.
- Divide to 11 or 12 equal parts and make it as round flat or oval shaped or heart shaped cutlets.
- Coat both sides with cornflour paste quickly then coat each cutlet with bread crumbs/Rusk crumbs.
- Heat a pan and sprinkle little olive oil and place the cutlets.When the bottom side turns golden brown, turn the other side.
- Remove when the other side also turns golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup/green chutney.
Note: You can add vegetables like boiled peas/chopped capsicum/grated carrot.
#MothersDay #RecipeContest #IndianRecipe #ContestAlert #HappyMothersDay2018 #HealthyLife #WeRIndia
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: May 18, 2018