After a yoga practice mind feels enchanted, relaxed and calm. Body feels great, flexed and connected to universe in a positive way. To carry these positive feelings through out the day, after your yoga practice, sip a cup of yogi tea! Yogi tea is a traditional drink of India contains mainly six different herbs as ingredients. It contains spices and herbs that are used in Ayurveda. Recipe is designed to enhance digestion, circulation and strengthen immune system. Instead of drinking soda and other caffeinated drinks after your wonderful practice drink yogi tea.
Herbs and spices in yogi tea:
- Cinnamon: Good for controlling blood sugar, reduces inflammation and, relieves pain
- Cardamom: Good for reducing gas, increases mental relaxation and gives clarity
- Clove : Helps to warm up system- stiff and cold warm for lubricated joints, good for metabolism,
- Black pepper: Helps to relieve sinus congestion, immune enhancer, blood purifier and circulation enhancer
- Ginger: Mild digestion enhancer, has affinity for uterus and good for uterus, menstrual cramps, good for osteoarthritis and provides overall health benefits
- Black tea: Very little added. Use for amalgamating the formula or to synergize the ingredients
To prepare yogi tea at home:
- Crush 2 inches cinnamon
- Prepare powder from 4 -5 cardamom
- Crush 4 cloves
- Grate 1 inch ginger
- Prepare 1 tsp black pepper powder
Boil about 1 liter water and add all the above 5 ingredients, simmer the ingredients for few minutes.
At the end of simmering add 1 tsp of black tea and allow it to blend with other ingredients for another 3 minutes. Add 2 cups of milk and keep it on medium heat and allow it to boil for few seconds. Turn off the heat and let it sit for couple of minutes. Strain and have tea with honey or sugar.
Try yogi tea to get good benefits of six wonderful herbs today!
Original yogi recipe:
Published by: Sumana Rao | Posted on: January 30, 2019