Bloating, body pain, head ache and cramping all are associated with menstrual cycle.
These are classic pre-and menstrual cycle or period issues. Busy and hectic life makes it tough to take rest on these days.
Sometimes it is even hard to get sleep with such body conditions. How to handle yourself to feel positive and energetic during this time?
How to take it easy during menstrual cycle?
- Boost your mood: During the period time most women feel depressed, lethargic and anxious. To boost mood, go out and spend time with your best friends. Go for light exercise, don’t skip gym. Do such exercise which you feel comfortable to do – certain yoga or Pilates poses you might not able to do. But going for walk, meditation, breathing, playing simple games to move the body all are healthy and bring back energy.
- What to eat? During period time one can feel nausea, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea etc. Avoid fatty foods and heavy snack items. Instead eat fruits, small amount of cheese, butter, brown rice, yogurt, freshly cooked vegetables with less spice. Drink milk or butter milk. These foods fill stomach and same time controls those symptoms that are bothering you.
- Taking hot shower: A morning and evening bath /shower will hep to relax the aching muscle. Apply little coconut oil on your tummy and legs. This reduces inflammation and aches in the system.
- Maintain hygiene: Wear fresh clothes – change your clothes twice a day. This gives fresh odor and you will not feel dirty. Chane your menstrual pad as often as possible. Don’t allow it to overflow.
- Get enough rest: Get good sleep. Some people suggest staying home and resting till you get over with the cramp and body ache. A good night sleep and an afternoon nap should help body to recover and energize. Maintain a consistent sleep timings – this helps body to recover faster than you think. Lack of sleep only increases body pain and aches.
- Keep yourself cool: Due to hormonal changes, body will heat during menstrual cycle. Keep yourself cool by drinking plenty of water and if you have AC at home, turn it on or use fans to calm down the system.
- Avoid heavy work: Avoid lifting heavy items and heavy work at home. Sometimes, doing heavy lifting during period time, can only increase risk of harming your body. Avoid sitting for longer hours as it can only worsen flow, increase aches and back pain.
- Drink plenty of fluid: To get good sleep, drink plenty of fluid including water, cumin water, buttermilk, coconut water, milk, turmeric milk, coriander water, chamomile tea – all these helps body to relax and keeps it anxious free.
- Essential oils: Find out the essential oils that can help you to relax – like mixture of lavender, roman chamomile, St John’s wort, ginger and marjoram essential oils with castor oil massage on the body parts that ache will help. Period is a blessing and not a curse. It only helps the body to get rid of unwanted stuffs. To keep body calm and relaxed these above suggestions might help.
Published by: HealthyLife | Posted on: October 4, 2017