Another tropical palm sometimes grown for its edible and quite tasty fruit is the Snake Palm (Salacca zalacca). This is an intensely spiny palm and sadly not terribly ornamental, so few grow this as a garden palm but it is somewhat economically important in some Asian countries as a food item. It is called the Snake Palm due to the fruit’s snake-like scaly skin.
Know about WeRIndia
- Guide On Post-delivery/Postpartum Problems That A Woman Goes Through
- Brain chemical NPGL controls appetite and body fat composition: Beneficial for our ancestors; potential cause of obesity pandemic
- Brain Cancer Signs You Need To Know
- Estrogen-mediated brain protection directly linked to intake of fatty acids found in oils
- Khadi Collection By Matr Rocked Lakme Fashion Week 2017
- Why the definition of polycystic ovary syndrome harms women