Butia capitata, or perhaps B. odorata or the Jelly Palm) that has very tasty fruit. This fruit is particularly good for making jam and jellies (hence the name). Ripe fruit are about the size of large cherry, and yellowish/orange in color, but can also include a blush towards the tip. The taste is a mixture of pineapple, apricot, and vanilla. Taste can vary depending on soil conditions, and the tastes of apple, pineapple, and banana together is also common. It is tart and sweet at the same time, with a flesh similar to a loquat, but slightly more fibrous.
Know about WeRIndia
- Skin Care Tips From Dermatologists
- Avoid These Foods If You Want Healthy Teeth
- Hyderabad Vaccination Drives Comes to a Halt After 4 Children Fall Sick
- Jacqueline Fernandez Slayed It In Yellow
- Canadian children's nutrition suffers during school hours
- Her Mum Believes She Will Be The Light In The Darkness